Scratch is a Computer Programming Language for school age kids (and anyone else who wants to learn programming.)
This beginning lesson shows :
1. What is Scratch
2. What you will need to create your Computer Programs?
3. How to use Scratch Software
What is Scratch?
1. Scratch is a programming language developed by mit.edu. Scratch website defines it as “a programming language that makes it easy to create interactive art, stories, simulations, and games – and share those creations online”.
What you will need?
2. What you will need to learn and create with Scratch?
You will need a computer connected with Internet and a modern browser program installed on it. (If you are reading this, you have these things already.) Speakers, microphone and a webcam on computer will come handy when you are ready to use those gadgets on your Scratch projects.
At present, Scratch software is available in online format only. As it is said on the Scratch website, it will be available to download for offline use later in coming summer.
3. Use Scratch Software for FREE:
Go to Scratch Website. Register as a user and create your profile. Watch this video to know about Scratch profile.